Step 1 - To create an App, log into the Facebook account you wish to manage the app, click the small cog in the top right hand corner and scroll to manage apps.
Step 2 - Now on the Apps page, click 'Apps' in the toolbar and select 'Create A New App'
Step 3 - Give you Application a display name, a Namespace (this have to be unique and no caps) and a catagory.
Step 4 - Add beta.beeliked.com and if you are using domain masking add your created subdomain to App domians. South African Airways for example is social.flysaa.com.
Next make sure to add the contact email (email@example.com) or your own if you have one.
Step 5 - Click add platform and select 'App on Facebook'
Step 6 - Add the canvas URL and Secure Canvas URL
- This is your campaign URL with ?template=facebook at the end
- Canvas URL: http://social.flysaa.com/competition/607/walk-to-freedom-quiz?template=facebook
- Secure Canvas URL (this is the same with a 's' after http): https://social.flysaa.com/competition/607/walk-to-freedom-quiz?template=facebook
- Leave Unity ingregration, Canvas Fixed Width and Canvas Fixed height off
Step 7 - Click 'add platform' again this time select 'website'
Step 8 - Enter the site URL and Mobile site URL. These are again both the campaign URL links.
- The Site URL needs to have ?template=facebook at the end
- Leave Accept Mobile Web Payments off
Step 9 - Click 'Add Platform' and add the final part 'Page Tab'
- Give your App a name (same as the display name)
- Add Page Tab URL - Campaign URL with ?template=facebook at the end
- Leave 'Page Admin control' and 'Wide Page Tab' on
- Add your App icon (111x74)
Step 10 - Click the blue 'Save Changes' button. If you have made any mistakes Facebook will tell you with an error message.
Step 11 - THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. Go to status & review and turn the app and all it's feature live to the general public!